Online Workshop / course for beginners and existing investors in the Indian stock market
After the success of the last batch of my online stock market workshop, I am launching the next batch on the 3rd of April, 2021.
This course is for you, if you,
- are consistently losing money in your stock market investments or
- are not generating satisfactory returns from your portfolio despite being experienced or
- want to avoid losing lacs of rupees in the market
- want to make above average returns on your stock market investments
- want to learn fundamentals based investing
- are looking to become financially independent in the medium to long term, through equity investing
- wish to become a better investor, faster
Learning direct stock market investing takes years of practice and this workshop will cut short the time it takes to learn investing fundamentals.
Most importantly, I strongly believe in the idea that knowledge grows through sharing.
Previous workshop in progress
As a part of this course, you will be given assignments so that you can understand fundamental concepts thoroughly.
Over the years, I have learnt a lot about fundamentals based investing (Analysing Balance Sheets, Cash Flow and Profit & Loss statements, Company Annual Reports, etc.) and would like to give something back to the market in return for whatever knowledge I have gained from some very generous teachers. The idea is to create value for all my participants, and help them quickly move up the learning curve.
What will be taught?
Apart from the below topics, we will be discussing many more topics related to investing and financial independence. Here’s a gist of what will be taught, anyway.
- Fundamentals of stock market investing
- You – Psychological biases in investing during various market phases
- Business – What business parameters are the most critical to investing?
- People – Analyzing company managements
- Price – Different valuation techniques
- Idea generation
- Screening techniques
- Multiple Tools / Websites used in research
- Analysis of my past investing mistakes & how you can avoid making them
- Forensic accounting
- Analytical edge
- Case Studies from the past – Using history to guide us into the future
- Live Case Studies – Collaborative company research
- Behavioral edge
- Position Sizing
- Signal vs Noise
- Getting over time constraints due to personal/professional commitments – Forming habits that help you achieve financial independence, over time.
- Techniques to avoid distraction while working on a given topic
Batch Options (Choose the option that suits your schedule in this Google form)
Weekday Batch Option 1 – 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM IST (Tuesdays & Wednesdays)
Weekday Batch Option 2 – 11 AM to 1 PM IST (Tuesdays & Wednesdays)
Weekend Batch Option 3 – 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM IST (Saturdays & Sundays)
Weekend Batch Option 4 – 11 AM to 1 PM IST (Saturdays & Sundays)
Weekend Batch Option 5 – 7 PM to 9 PM IST (Saturdays & Sundays)
Course duration – 1 Month
Total number of online classes – 8 sessions of up to 2 hours each
Course start date – 3-Apr-2021
Course Fee – ₹10,000/- (Fully refundable within 10-Apr-2021)
Number of seats – Maximum of 10 per batch (The idea is to give each participant reasonable attention)
Delivery medium – Zoom online video conferencing
- Laptop / Desktop PC with a high speed internet connection
- Secluded room / place without distractions
- Zoom Video Conferencing App for Windows
I started investing in the Indian stock markets, in 2010, purely out of passion. My investment style is buying businesses, reporting good growth and return on equity numbers, while they are still available at attractive valuations.
Big Vision Investing